Warren Local School District‘s Board of Education
The Warren Local School District‘s Board of Education, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to providing an enriching educational experience to all students within a safe stimulating environment.
The responsibilities of the Warren Board of Education include setting district policies, final approval for the hiring of district employees and large purchases of equipment//materials, and the direct supervision of the Superintendent and Treasurer. The day-to-day operations of the school district are administered by the Superintendent and Treasurer with support from the district‘s administrative team.
The Warren Local Board of Education has five (5) locally elected members. They serve four-year terms and are elected in odd-numbered years on a nonpartisan ballot by voters of the school district.
Citizens are invited and encouraged to attend school board meetings, which are held in the Board Room at the Administration Building, 220 Sweetapple Road, Vincent, OH. Most regular meetings are held on the third Monday of the month at 6:00 pm.
Special meetings are sometimes called to handle business which cannot be deferred until the regular sessions. Notices of all special meetings are given to local newspapers and are posted in the offices of all schools.
Board Meeting Agenda
Agendas and background material(s) are emailed to Board members prior to each meeting. After examining this material, board members research to obtain answers to questions in an effort to be prepared to efficiently and expeditiously reach decisions concerning the many items which come before them during the meeting(s).
Public Participation at Board Meetings
All meetings of the board and board-appointed committees are open to the public.
- In order for the board to fulfill its obligation to complete the planned agenda in an effective and efficient fashion, a maximum of thirty minutes (maximum of 3 minutes per person) of public participation may be permitted at each meeting.
- Each person addressing the board shall give his/her name and address.
- If several people wish to speak, each person is allotted 3 minutes until the total time of thirty (30) minutes is used.
- The board reserves the right to terminate abusive, profane or disruptive speech
- Repetitive comments are discouraged. No person may speak twice until all who desire to speak have had the opportunity to do so.
- The period of public participation may be extended by a vote of the majority of the Board, present and voting.
Under Ohio law, the Board of Education may hold executive sessions to discuss personnel matters, property purchases, court action, confidential matters as designated by federal or state statute and details of security arrangements. These sessions are used for discussion only; any official board action must take place in public session.